RV Packing List
Camping in Comfort
The Universal RV Packing list includes camping essentials, food lists and suggestions on how to pack a whole life into the confines of your RV.
I think we can all agree that packing and unpacking the rv and stressing about whether we're forgetting something important is one of
the least fun parts of RVing.
We can help with that.
Whether you're heading out for the weekend or the rest of your life, we have the lists that'll turn your RV into a self sufficient
traveling caravan loaded with home comforts.
Here's a Universal RV Packing list that includes camping essentials checklists, food lists, personal gear and first aid needs.
RV Packing List ~ Cleaning and Sanitation
- Large and small garbage bags
- Dish cloth, towels, scrub pad
- Plastic washing bin
- Towels, face cloths
- Laundry soap
- Rags, shop towels
- Soap, shampoo, dish soap, laundry soap, pre soak.
- Cleaning solution (we use vinegar a lot)
- Hand sanitizer, hand wipes
- Tissues, bathroom tissue
- Short handled broom and dustpan
- Short handled mop/bucket
RV Packing List ~ Cooking and Campfires
- Portable Propane Gas Grill
, camp stove, grill for campfire cooking
- Fuel for BBQ, stove, charcoal
- Cooking utensils (flippers, grabbers, stirrers etc.)
- Pot, pan, griddle
- Coffee pot, teapot
- Firestarter, fat sticks
- Long handled lighter, matches
- Newspaper or other non-glossy paper (or Fatwood
- Weiner sticks, popcorn popper
- Other campfire cooking tools
- Flame resistant gloves (We LOVE the Ove' Glove
- Oven mitts, pot holders
- Table cloth, weights or clamps
- Plates, bowls, glasses, mugs, go cups
- Knives, forks, spoons
- Knife, knife sharpener (or self sharpening)
- Mixing bowl
- Bottle/can opener, corkscrew
- Plastic containers, zip lock bags
- Foil, plastic wrap, wax paper
- Napkins, paper towels
- Can and bottle cozies
- Wine glasses (for us, stainless steel wine glasses
are rv essentials)
RV Packing List ~ Food
- Salt, pepper, sugar, spices
- Mayo, mustard, ketchup
- Salad dressing, dip
- Flour, sugar
- Baking soda, baking powder, cornstarch
- Cooking/Salad oil
- Peanut butter, jam, syrup
- Coffee, tea, cocoa, cream
- Pickles, olives, hot peppers
- Bread, rolls, hotdog/hamb. buns
- Eggs, cheese, milk
- Sour cream, yogurt, cottage cheese
- Bacon bits, parmesan, croutons
- Oatmeal, cream of wheat, corn meal, etc.
- Cold cereal
- Pancake mix
- Marshmallows, popcorn, campfire food
- Tuna, ham flakes
- Kraft dinner, noodle/rice side dishes
- Limes, lemons
- Corn on the cob
- Potatoes, yams, carrots
- Pasta, spaghetti, instant noodles
- Hot dogs, hamburgers
- Watermelon, grapes, oranges, etc.
- Lettuce, cucumber, green onion, celery
- Purple cabbage, radishes
- Onion, garlic
- Cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower
- Mushrooms (canned or fresh)
- Tomatoes, peppers, avacados
- Chicken, pork, beef, fish
- Bacon, sausage, ham
- Canned beans, soups, spaghetti sauces
- Fruit cups, pudding cups
- Taco kit
- Marshmallows, grahams, chocolate
- Peanuts, nuts, chips, etc.
- Sliced meats
- Granola bars, cookies
- Juice, soft drinks
- Beer, wine, coolers
- Liquor, bailey's, mix, ice
Mix up a batch of marinated vegetables and some muffins to help with rv meals while you're getting set up.
The marinated vegetables are great raw or wrapped in foil
and roasted on the BBQ or campfire.
Just in case, we always carry a can or jar of spaghetti sauce and a package of pasta as emergency rations.
If we are delayed for some reason or have unexpected guests it comes in very handy.
RV Packing List ~ Games and Recreation
- Life jackets
- Swimsuits, fins, goggles, towels
- Canoe/kayak, inflatable dinghy, paddles
- Tubes, noodles, boogie boards, float toys
- Bicycles / wagon
- Dominoes, cards, dice, board games, etc.
, frisbee, horseshoes, croquet
- Volleyball, badminton
- Baseball/glove/bat, basketball, soccer ball, football
- Kite, remote control toys
- Foot pump for inflatables
- Fishing gear, licence, bait
- Golf clubs, tennis racquets
RV Packing List ~ RV Living
- Large piece of outdoor carpet
- Lantern, fuel, mantles
- Heater, fuel
- Flashlights, headlamp
- Smoking materials
- Insect discouragers
- Folding chairs
- Scented candles
- Water jugs
- Camera, GPS, cell phone
- Swiss army knife, multi tool
- Warm clothing, wool socks
- Rain gear, umbrella, gum boots
- Duct tape, gorilla glue, WD40
- Small sewing kit, safety pins
- Solar outdoor lights
- Solar panel
- Fire extinguisher
- Toilet paper, paper towel
Lightweight folding shovel
- Road Trip Music - ipod, satellite radio, etc.
- Musical instruments
- Travel clock
- Water, water filter
- Bedding - pillows, sleeping bags, blankets.
RV Packing List ~ First Aid
- Emergency phone numbers, poison control
- Flashlight, extra batteries
- Pen/pencil, paper
- 1 First aid booklet
- 1 Barrier device (breathing)
- 4 Pair non-latex gloves (2 different sizes)
- 2 Burn dressings
- 5 Gauze pads 4X4 and 2X2
- 2 Pressure dressings
- 2 Eye patches
- 1 Abdominal pad
- 2 Roller gauze
- 1 Adhesive tape
- 1 Pair scissors
- 1 Pair tweezers
- 5 Triangular bandages
- 10 Alcohol wipes
- 2 Each hot and cold packs
- 1 Space blanket
- 10 Steri strips, butterfly bandages
- Bandaids (various shapes and sizes)
- Antibacterial hand gel
- 1 pocket mask
RV Packing Lists ~ Medical
If your rv trip will include stays at beach areas check out our
beach trip checklist too.
Browse through our RV checklist and add and subtract items to make our rv packing list your personal list.
For a checklist of personal items like clothing, electronics and cosmetics, go to
vacation packing checklists.
If there's something you think should be included on our rv checklist let us know.
Printable version of this page
Wish You Could Do This Forever?
Do you go out RVing and wish you never had to go home?
Jason and Kelly Odom have turned that longing into a lifestyle of travel and freedom. They've been Vanaboding (their term for living aboard a small RV) for over 10
years and still enjoy every morning, every view and every new venture... for $20. or less, per day.
Not only will they tell you exactly how you can do it too, the share tips on how to earn a living while you're out there.
If you're serious about turning your dreams of wanderlust into a life, you must read what these two have to say... it'll change your perspective, and your life.
Here they share simple strategies for getting out of the rat race and waking every morning to the heart pounding magnificence of the lower 48.
Everything you need to know to change your life - Just add courage!
More on-the-road tips
Top of page - RV packing list