The only camping list you need!
Camping is a great way to get away from it all with family and friends.
It's also a self sufficient pastime that often leads to remote locations where no store is available if you forget something important.
Everything you need to stay on track and prepared to enjoy the great outdoors.
Tailor These Camping Checklists To Fit Your Needs
You don't have to pack everything on the list, but it's all here.
A simple, organized camp packing list that'll take you to the lake or the wilderness - tenting or rving, with every base covered.
Everything you need to pick up your life and take it to the woods or the water's edge.
We've broken our camping list into several different categories to keep things simplified and easy to locate.
See our camping food list here.
Cooking/Eating ~ Camping Lists
- Barbeque, camp stove, grill for campfire
- Fuel for BBQ, stove, charcoal
- Pot, pan, griddle
- Strainer (collapsible)
- Coffee pot, teapot
- Matches, lighter
- Bottle/can opener, corkscrew
- Cooler, Ice
- Plastic containers, zip lock bags
- Table cloth, weights or clamps
- Plates, bowls, mugs, go cups
- Wine glasses
- Knives, forks, spoons
- Cooking tools (flippers, grabbers, stirrers etc.)
- Serving spoons
- Flame resistant gloves
- Knife, knife sharpener (we use Wiltshire self sharpening)
- Mixing bowl
- Oven mitts, pot holders
Sleeping/Tenting ~ Camping Lists
- Tent, poles. pegs
- Sleeping roll, inflatable mattress, cot
- Sleeping bags/Bedding
- Book light
- Brush or whisk
- Mosquito netting
- Ground cover for under tent
- Floor mats
- Tarps for shade and rain protection
- Foot pump for mattress & inflatables
Campfire ~ Camping Lists
- Firestarter, fat sticks
- Long handled lighter
- Marshmallows, grahams and chocolate
- Weiner stick, popcorn popper
- Newspaper or other non-glossy paper
- Camp chairs, side table
- Weiner sticks
- Other campfire cooking tools
Keep plenty of water handy when campfires are burning.
Washing Up & Hygiene ~ Camping Checklists
- Toiletries - Go here for a complete list of personal gear.
- Garbage bags
- Dish cloth, soap, towels
- Plastic washing bin
- Towels, face cloths, soap, shampoo, conditioner
- Paper towels, Toilet paper, wet wipes
- Laundry soap
- Rags, shop towels
- Scrub pad
Leave-in conditioner gets the job done without using excess water. That's a big plus when you're camping!
Medical ~ Camping Checklists
- Prescription medication
- Inhalers, Epi pens
- Reading glasses, sunglasses, extras
- Contacts and solution
- Eyeglass/hearing aid repair kit
- Ear plugs, hearing aids
- Toothpicks, brush, paste, floss
- Antacid - Tums
- Eye drops
- Aloe Vera, soothing lotions
- Sunscreen, bugspray
- Pain relief, Tylenol, Motrin, etc.
- Vitamins, herbal preparations
- Day and night cold medication
- Immodium, metamucil
- Water purification tablets
- Hot water bottle
First Aid ~ Camping Checklists
- Emergency phone numbers, poison control
- Flashlight, extra batteries
- Pen/pencil, paper
- 1 Barrier device (breathing)
- 5 Pair non-latex gloves
- 2 Burn dressings
- 5 Gauze pads 4X4 and 2X2
- 2 Pressure dressings
- 2 Eye patches
- 1 Abdominal pad
- 2 Roller gauze
- 1 Adhesive tape
- 1 Pair scissors
- 1 Pair tweezers
- 1 Triangular bandage
- 10 Alcohol wipes
- 2 Each hot and cold packs
- 1 Space blanket
- 10 Steri strips, butterfly sutures
- Bandaids (various shapes and sizes)
- Antibacterial hand gel
- 1 pocket mask
- 1 First Aid Guide
Activities ~ Camping Checklists
- Life jackets
- Swimsuits, fins, goggles, towels
- Kayak/canoe, paddles
- Tubes, noodles, float toys
- Dominoes, cards, dice, etc.
- Bocci, frisbee, horseshoes
- Baseball/glove, volleyball, basketball, etc.
- Kite, remote control toys
- Compass, maps
- Foot pump for inflatables
- Fishing gear, licence, bait
- Golf clubs, racquets
Other Important Stuff ~ Camping Checklists
More Camping Savvy
Printable Camping List
Top of page - Camping checklists